Saturday, May 2, 2009

Low Carb Chocolate Pie

Today I tried a "Chocolate Pie" recipe I found with very high hopes. My results were not very good. It went together easily and things did look okay after the whipped cream was put on top.

That is when the issues began....well culminated. Problem one was that it never "thickened" even after being in the freezer for 2 hours. It was "no bake" so it was never hot. Two hours should have been plenty of time. It was the texture of, hmmmm.....I believe paste is the word i am looking for. Nice, thick paste. Then upon first bite it had chunks of chocolate in it. This seems like it would be a good thing, but it wasnt. Unsweetened chocolate flakes are utterly tasteless. It should have been fully incorporated into the base of the "pie" but as soon as the melted chocolate hit the creamy filling part it got cold and hard. I blame the entire fiasco on that darn chocolate. I think if it had been fully blended in there then it would have been fine.

This chocolate "pie" was not pie at all. My definition of pie is that I can get it out of the pan with a pie cutter and it look triangly on my plate. I need that more than I need fabulous taste from my pie. This was a big mess for me. More of a freezing cold and kinda gritty pudding. I am sad.
This all being said, the pictures of the original recipe of this look delicious and not at all gritty and weird. I think I need that girl to come over here and make me one because I have made a mockery of her recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment